Picture postcard beaches, beautiful islands, amazing snorkeling & diving, Thailand has more than it’s fair share of gorgeous tropical islands. Which one will you choose?
- Koh Chang: Just 5 hours from Bangkok, Koh Chang is a beautiful, natural island with a great backpacker vibe.
- Koh Samet: With more of a ‘flash-packer’ feel, this tiny island is a weekend escape for Bangkok business types. Gorgeous beaches, great seafood and it’s only two hours away from the city!
Go East! – The Andaman Coast:
- Phuket: The original Thai tourism. Over developed. Still beautiful if you hire a motorbike and explore.
- Koh Phi Phi: Backpackers go dewy eyed at the gorgeous island gem, Koh Phi Phi, where you can take a long tail boat to explore ‘The Beach’ made famous by Leonardo Di Caprio in the film of the same name.
- Railay & Tonsai: Nearby Railay and Ton Sai beaches located on the main land yet inaccessible by road, are popular amongst the rock climbing crew and die-hard Bob Marley fans.
- Koh Lanta: Chilled out Koh Lanta is an underrated castaway island which is fantastic to explore by scooter making a stop at beautiful beach after beach.
Go West! – The Gulf Coast:
- Koh Samui: Flashpackers delight in Koh Samui’s abundance of restaurants, activities and nightlife.
- Koh Phangan: Koh Phangan that lures thousands of backpackers each month to experience what is probably the best beach party in the world – the Full Moon Party.
- Koh Tao: Diving is the order of the day and many backpackers get their underwater licence by taking a PADI course.
Central Thailand! – Inland:
- Khao Sok National Park: One of the oldest rain-forests in the world, Khao Sok National Park is home to many wild beasts such as the Malayan Tapir, the Asian Elephant, Sambar Deer, Wild Boar, Pig Tailed Macaque, White Handed Gibbon and even bears and tigers!
- Khao Lak: Located in Phang Nga province, Khao Lak is a National Park and a jumping off point for the a Similan and Surin Islands, a divers paradise for live-aboard adventures amongst the pristine reefs.